Re: [LUG] Debian GNU/Linux 4.0 released

On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 18:43:17 +0100
james kilty <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Debian stable is NOT about the latest and greatest, it is about
> > STABLE packages.
> How would 2.1 make Debian unstable? A URL for me to read for myself
> would be fine.

Wrong way around. OOo 2.1 is not in Debian so the stable release goes
ahead with the current version. When the OOo maintainers think that 2.1
should go into Debian unstable, then the assessment will begin about
whether 2.1 is sufficiently stable for Debian testing (Lenny). In all
probability, 2.1 was simply delayed by the Debian release freeze
because new uploads are limited during a release freeze. OOo 2.2 is in
Debian experimental so Debian may skip 2.1 completely if 2.2 is
suitable.

No URL's because there is no Debian OOo 2.1 package - you could contact
the Debian OOo maintainers:
debian-openoffice@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--

Neil Williams