Re: [LUG] mini - LInux beer hike - Torbay 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007 12:50, Julian Hall wrote:

> xchat.org seems to be down at the moment.  Xchat should be listed in
> whatever package manager you use though, so hopefully the mirrors will
> have what you need, and the site being down won't be an issue.
>
> Incidentally, XChat is available for Windows *and* Linux so if you use
> both you can share settings and use a common interface.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

>>From memory, I believe several of the common IM clients also have irc
capabilities - Trillian does I think for Windows, Gaim (or pidgin IM as it is
now called) does for Windows and Linux too. Never tried Xchat in Windows - to
be honest, I didn't realise it ran under Windows. I will see if I can
persuade my younger daughter to install it on her Windows laptop and see how
it performs there.

Mark