Re: [LUG] mini - LInux beer hike - Torbay 2007

On Sunday 08 April 2007 11:07, Clare Shepherd wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> To this end I have added their irc channel to the my xchat join list
> pending fixing,  I will sign up to the mailing list for the
> linuxbierwanderung. (which from now on will be refered to as LBW)  in
> general .
>
> This is the second reference to irc today (Tom mentioned it to) What is
> it? Sorry to be such a newbie, but then I am.
> Clare

internet relay chat.
Basically, its a chatroom - usually on a specific topic, such as the dclug one
or a Linux distro etc.  To access the irc rooms, you need a program such as
Xchat or Konversation etc. Depending on your distro, you should have a number
of different options to use as the chat client (program).
It is a little odd to use at first - but works well once you get used to it.
Doubtless someone will explain in a bit more depth, but if not, I am happy to
walk you through logging on to an irc room if it will help.

Mark