Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:46:50 +0100
"Richard Brown" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > an aversion to XP/Vista and will continue to do so. I'm working now
> > on a replacement for WinCE on embedded devices so that we can take
> > Debian around in our hands.
> >
> I have a XDA II (O2) that I would love to shoehorn Debian onto. Is
> that possible yet please? I have gone to various forums and it seems
> that it is on the way. Just thought you might know more.

It is coming, honest, but it is not easy. If openembedded don't support
your device, then it is going to take a while. I can't say how long,
I'm hoping to make signficant progress this year but who can say what
kind of hurdles lay ahead. So far, I have about ten packages, an
untested installer and no kernel.
;-)

> Why do I mention this? Because when change is needed, passionate
> people are often the catalyst for that change. They are not afraid to

RMS is certainly one such person, there are many, many others.

> I applaud Matt's passion and I actively encourage it. We need it
> because with passion like that things will change. I don't personally
> believe that he will chase folks away. They might have questions but
> great, let's generate the discussion.

I'm sure you agree that such discussions need to remain civil - it got
a bit ugly recently and nobody wants that kind of discussion.

--

Neil Williams