Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:list-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Neil Williams
Sent: 27 March 2007 13:36
To: list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [LUG] getgnulinux.org

On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 12:46:50 +0100
"Richard Brown" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have a XDA II (O2) that I would love to shoehorn Debian onto. Is
> that possible yet please? I have gone to various forums and it seems
> that it is on the way. Just thought you might know more.

There is a company that sells a linux distro on 512 meg sdcard tailered for
the Acer N30 so that when you reset with the sdcard in it boots into linux
(Letux) with the GPE environment.
In effect a multiboot system for it.

http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Acer%20n30%20with%20Letux&refere
r=C1000

Good if you have an n30 or considering getting a new pda. Secondhand on ebay
?
I would have picked this up instead of getting another palm if I had known
as they also appear to support it as well.

They currently sell the Zaurus or the N30 with the Letux card included as
well.

Ray. (still not brave enough to try linux on my T3. I need tomtom)