Re: [LUG] Linux Distributions

Hi Robin

On 27/03/07, Robin Menneer <robinmenneer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've just read this file (above) and am confused again, clearly debian
> is so wonderful that  I have been misled in getting ubuntu.  Help !

It's wonderful until you see the hoops you might have to jump through
to get your system going. Stick with Ubuntu, learn how to use it. Get
the konsole out. Learn shortcuts.... Get a second-hand box and use it
to test install various flavours. Find out the difference between
package managers. But most of all enjoy what you are about to learn.
It really is quite fun!
--
Rich
http://www.cregy.co.uk