Re: [LUG] BT broadband

Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Thats really bad that they don't know what a router is. Any decent ISP
> should be able to provide generic instructions. I know they can't tell
> you exactly how to set up yours but the generic instructions combined
> with the router manual should be enough.
Virginmedia.  Shameless plug since I used to work for them (used to!
:)).  We always gave generic instructions for set-up and the official
line was 'We may not support [whatever] but these are the settings you
will need.  The manual should be able to tell you where to put them."

At the time we didn't support Linux (probably still don't) but I think
as far as connectivity is concerned the router is the important thing.
For mail/browsing, same story as the router - 'unsupported but here are
the settings you will need'.

HTH

Julian