Re: [LUG] BT broadband

On 3/20/07, peter <reply@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  Thanks for all the replies! I'm highly impressed, having just spent
> (wasted) three hours - THREE HOURS - on the BTBroadband helpline being
> redirected. Nobody there knows what a router does; one or two comprehend
> basic spoken English.

I've had this with BT in the past. They changed my phone number one
day with out warning or permission just after i moved in. I moved in
to my granddads house and wanted to just take over the phone line as
it was. About a week later nobody could phone me as the number had
changed. After about an hour of being transfered from indian call
centers I ended up with someone in the Uk from the broandband
technical, although i don't have BT broadband. They refused to
transfer me again and stuck with me while they sorted out my line
problem, the one and only sucess story!

Thats really bad that they don't know what a router is. Any decent ISP
should be able to provide generic instructions. I know they can't tell
you exactly how to set up yours but the generic instructions combined
with the router manual should be enough.

Demon are aware of things other than MS and even Mac, the service
announcment emails are GPG signed and they even provide instructions
to set up kmail which is more enlightned than most.

Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk