Re: [LUG] BT broadband

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 12:37 +0000, feeds@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Before I do the deed, does anyone else use BT broadband, and is their router okay
> with Linux? I plan to download Suse once I get broadband :)
I use Demon and I am very happy, though I am increasingly seeing "failed
requests" (a small number daily - usually 0 but up to 12 at 1 minute
intervals) using https://www.bello-monitors-the.net Their telephone and
email helplines are legendary. Instant help, even if not using their
free bog-standard router. I have a Draytek Vigor 2600 (54 Mbps) wireless
router which is easy to set up, if you know how. Very occasionally it
needs a reboot, which Demon helped me with the first time. From the
little I have heard about BT this level of assistance and uptime.

Most people seem to avoid the free, basic routers.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk