Re: [LUG] OK so whats wrong with it?

> At which point the clueless user clicks 'Yes' then uninstalls the
> antivirus because it's interrupting their chatter on MSN *long suffering
> irritated groan*... and no I'm not making this up, there are many
> examples of similar computer suicide.
>
> IMHO it doesn't matter what the messages say. mosy users won't read them
> anyway - they just blindly click 'Yes' and go back to what they were doing.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Julian

Yes XP update is irritating, esp when it interupts me while playing c&c
generals asking me if it ok to reboot the computer,  giving me 15
seconds to make a choice, of which the default is yes.   If I had been
out the room at the time it would of quite happily rebooted itself and
lost my game,   Its now off, but I still get intrusive popups,  bubbles
and other nonsense,  not to mention now bubbles that appear behind the
task bar, (don't ask) which is about as useful as a can of empty paint,
which kind of sums up windows really.

good news is that I have now managed to fix my printer,  case of
deleting entries in the database for apt, so it ignores the fact it
wants to be reinstalled, which I could not do as it would not let me, or
let me remove it,  I them manually deleted the program files,  (I just
need to test the scanner now) So I am back to using a proper operating
system, rather than a pile of garbage from somewhere in NW US of A.

Paul

--

DCLUG Meeting date Thursday 11th January 2007 - PRFC from 7:00

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.openoffice.org
http://www.linux.org