Re: [LUG] lost dvd

>> I never have arguments with Dell.. I just advise them of how much our
>> company spends with them every year... they're then suddenly rather
>> co-operative.
>
> Shame I don't have money!!
>>
>> What's the fun you're having with PCW ?
>
> We have a dodgy power connection on the laptop: makes it almost
> impossible to charge and use without a battery present. We sent it
> away for repair, they sent it back "fixed" only for the same problem
> to re-appear within half an hour!! We sent it away for repair, they
> sent it back "fixed" only for the same problem to re-appear within
> half an hour!! No, that wasn't my accidentally copying and pasting
> either.

That bit made me laugh (the comment, not the problem)

> Apparently if they can't fix it within 28 days they'll replace
> it but they've tried everything they can to not replace it: up until
> now their repair contractors have said it was a manufacturing fault so
> they didn't have to replace it, now they passed it back to the store
> to deal with they're saying it's accidental damage so they don't have
> to replace it; claiming there was a 7 day gap in between reports, but
> during that time the computer was at their store and not with us!

Advised them of this ? Regardless of the amount of time you had the laptop
(or not in this case) their work should be backed up with some form of
garuantee (no, i can't spell), unless they don't think their engineers are
good enough ??

> Unless they were using it and broke it in store I don't believe it was
> ever fixed. It's being sent away again tomorrow despite the first
> time it went away being on the 13th December!!!
>
> That's not to mention all the 0870 calls we've had to make, all the
> trips to the store, etc etc.

Make a claim for consiquential loss... you incurred charges because of
their ineptitude...

> We treat the computer well too - not like we're thrasing it around all
> over the place. I'm pretty sure we're not just being unreasonable
> either, having it sent for repair three times is a bit crazy for
> something so simple!!

Laptops are supposed to be designed to take a bit of a battering.. thats
why they are laptops, people take them on trains etc..

I would insist that as they have failed to repair this in with due care
and skill, you would like assurances that it will not be any related
problems after the laptop comes back to you OR a replacement, known good
laptop.

Believe it or not, its your legal right...

HTH

Neil