Re: [LUG] lost dvd

> I never have arguments with Dell.. I just advise them of how much our
> company spends with them every year... they're then suddenly rather
> co-operative.

Shame I don't have money!!

> What's the fun you're having with PCW ?

We have a dodgy power connection on the laptop: makes it almost
impossible to charge and use without a battery present. We sent it
away for repair, they sent it back "fixed" only for the same problem
to re-appear within half an hour!! We sent it away for repair, they
sent it back "fixed" only for the same problem to re-appear within
half an hour!! No, that wasn't my accidentally copying and pasting
either. Apparently if they can't fix it within 28 days they'll replace
it but they've tried everything they can to not replace it: up until
now their repair contractors have said it was a manufacturing fault so
they didn't have to replace it, now they passed it back to the store
to deal with they're saying it's accidental damage so they don't have
to replace it; claiming there was a 7 day gap in between reports, but
during that time the computer was at their store and not with us!
Unless they were using it and broke it in store I don't believe it was
ever fixed . It's being sent away again tomorrow despite the first
time it went away being on the 13th December!!!

That's not to mention all the 0870 calls we've had to make, all the
trips to the store, etc etc.

We treat the computer well too - not like we're thrasing it around all
over the place. I'm pretty sure we're not just being unreasonable
either, having it sent for repair three times is a bit crazy for
something so simple!!

Jon