Re: [LUG] lost dvd

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 16:35 +0000, Neil Stone wrote:
> I live near Heston and can travel most times to suit.

Heston in London ?? or Helston in Cornwall ??
Missed L = Helston

Is the laptop still under warranty ?
Yes

If so, get Dell to fix it..
I am taking it to Robin tomorrow.

Does it have a removable optical drive ?
I have to ask what this is. The dvd drive? There is a little screw underneath at a central point to the back of the dvd drive which I presume is the fixing so it should remove easily.

If no to warranty question, and yes to above I might be able to help.. I
use Dell hardware a LOT... and can probably get away with swapping kit
over, un-noticed.
Thanks a lot. After Robin has had a look.

james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk