Re: [LUG] Hardware Issues

Mike Martin wrote:
> CPU - Sempron 2400 @ year old
> loads of upgrades NVidia 6200, TV Card , two new drives , why I suspected PSU
> PC restarts if I pull plug out and put it straight back in (no wait)
More than anything the drives would have done the most to stress the
PSU.  What power is it?  My system is an Athlon 2400XP with 2 * 80Gb
internal drives, 256Mb gfx, separate TV card etc etc and it runs happily
on a err.. actually I don't remember what went in the box last.  Think
it's a 550W.. definitely not less than a 500.

At the end of the day the more welly your PSU will do as a maximum, the
less stress you're putting on it even if you don't touch the max output.

Look on ebuyer if you do need one.  Their choice is pretty good.

Kind regards,

Julian