Re: [LUG] GNU/Linux growing pains and the long road ahead was:Ubuntu and freedom?

Matt Lee wrote:
> Can anyone advise me on any hardware, apart from wireless cards that
> we don't have drivers for?

Olympus digital solid state dictaphones.   (Panasonic one also).  (Pooh!).

The more expensive ones that have a removable chip, obviously, we have a
solution for.

And one can plug in a microphone and record straight to the PC, so we
have a workround.

The philosophical position is the correct one to take, while perhaps
occasionally sneakily using something less virtuous to get a job done.
But the latter is a retrograde step, and stores up future trouble.