Re: [LUG] power crazy people

While the LUG is being hijacked:
I used to be a chip designer and I can't for the life of me see how the
inverters are anywhere near as expensive as they are - apart from the fact
they're discreet components. But at 50% of the cost of a windmill setup
theres got to be some room for improvement.
 Theres a German company thats made over a million of them - using discreet
components. I would imagine about £100 for a controller and then  ~ £5 per KW
in silicon and then whatever for the transformer (required by law I believe)
I imagine the brass busbars/connectors would cost more than the silicon for
50K devices up... . And then it doesn't work when the power goes off!!!
 If anyone can put me in the direction of a circuit diagram ..........And if
anyone knows of someone who does power silicon
Tomtetomtetom