Re: [LUG] Wanted: Lister or Staromatic diesel/oil engine to allow off grid laptop use

Tom Potts wrote:

>  We have an old aga and apparently you can grow ~500l rape oil per acre (say
> 300 easily organically) so I contacted Aga about working together on a
> conversion - imagine being able to sell a closed carbon cycle heating/cooking
> system to the new greens.
> Their response was - best of luck with your project.
> Is there no hope in this world?

Already been done :)

I know of a chap in Ireland who converted his parents' Stanley range to
run on waste veggie oil by building a Turk burner into it.  There are
some pictures on that interweb somewhere, but I can't recall where atm.
Apparently it's a bit Heath-Robinson, but it's run quite happily for
years.  (And presumably will continue to do so as long as there's a
plentiful supply of Eastern Europeans :)

James