Re: [LUG] phpmyadmin

On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 11:06:00PM +0000, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > Also I would like to synchronise time to a Network Time Server. How do
> > I go about finding one please and does anyone know if there is one for
> > Lostwithiel?
> >

> With network time servers, at least on my box, i think i found a package
> called ntp or something along those lines which let me select it as an
> option in the menu that came up after i right clicked the clock on my
> panel; so basically I'm not sure you need to find one yourself if you
> install ntp (or whatever) it just finds it its self. Sorry I couldn't be
> more help.
> > Thanks.

Check out http://www.ntp.org/documentation.html or the full version
http://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/index.html

If using debian, install apt-get install ntp (or what appears to be
better aptitude install ntp. I believe better because then it removes
old dependencies)

The configuration file is then  /etc/ntp.conf

The Debian-etch  default installation then triggered the location for timing
signals to
server 0.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 1.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst
server 2.debian.pool.ntp.org iburst