Re: [LUG] Problems with my digital camera

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:29:52 +0000
Mark Jose <kernowyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I go along with Julian on this one - USB is a real pain at times. A couple of
> suggestions -
> Firstly, is your PC equipped with front USB sockets and rear ones? If so, have
> you tried using the rear ones instead of the front ones? Generally a pain to
> reach I appreciate, although you can get extension cables. The reason I ask
> is because the front USB sockets are normally powered by very poor flimsy
> wiring - often with several seperate individual wires per socket and they
> can - and do - induce some problems. The rear ones are mounted on the
> motherboard and generally give no problems.

Yes, I have one USB socket at the front which is the obvious one to use
because it is so easy to reach. The others are at the back and I have
not tried using them. Thanks for the suggestion I will have a go. I did
not know about extension cables, I will ask at my local computer shop.

If this turns out to be the problem it will be very annoying. Surely it
is obvious that the from USB port is the one that everyone will use.
That means it is the one above all that should be set up properly.

Anyway I will let you all know if that solves the problem

Thanks
Neil Winchurst