Re: [LUG] Kubuntu - some first thoughts

Mark Jose wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 November 2006 22:32, Neil Winchurst wrote:
>

>> I tried that but the icon wouldn't drag. I assume you mean the icon on
>> the location toolbar.
>>

> Nope. Open Konqueror. If you clicked it from the taskbar, you will have a
> selection of things in the default Konq window - Home Folder, Storage Media,
> Network Folders etc with the title Konqueror -  Conquer your desktop.
> Thats the one I meant. Perhaps you have set a different location as your
> default ? Do you see that folder if you leave the address bar blank in Konq?
> Alternatively, can you create a folder on your desktop and simply symlink that
> to your /home folder I wonder?
>
> Mark

Hi

the reason I loaded kubuntu 6.10 was because I tried mandriva 2007 and had loads of
problems. Mainly with my satellite card and dvb - kaffeine the only app that handles
dvb well was no longer included, but also other stuff. However since then I've
installed 2007 from linux format mag on pc 2 and this one although not very
different seems much more stable. I installed the urpmi sources from plf and had no
probs with kaffeine, not the case before. No crashes and all devices visable.

If you've noticed the problems I've been having attempting to install
the latest nvidia driver so google earth don't go "creative" on me you
may understand why I'm switching my main pc back to mandriva 2007 assoon
as I get around to backing up the data.

Have to emphasize this is the linux format version of 2007, not the
downloaded dvd.

As the only way I can watch tv is via satellite I was disapointed that
kubuntu had forgotten to package the kaffeine libs which gave sound. It
took ages to find the package and it wasn't in the repositories you
enable yourself.

Back to mandriva!

Simon

--