Re: [LUG] DVD Watching and encryption

On Saturday 11 November 2006 13:05, Richard Brown wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I want to be able to watch dvds. What is the best player to use to
> view dvds please?
>
> I also want to make backup copies of the dvds and also store the films
> on hard drive. How is it best to do this please?
>
> Distro is 6.06 Ubuntu.
>
> Many thanks.
> --
> Rich
> http://www.cregy.co.uk
> Embracing what God does for you is the best thing you can do for him.
> Romans 12 v 1

Nice and easy to read solution from Ubuntu -

https://help.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/desktopguide/C/video.html

which covers codecs, players and "backups".
Xine is mentioned - which is one of the better players - I also use Mplayer,
because it can play so many things, including my arrow rock streaming radio!

Mark