Re: [LUG] DVD Watching and encryption

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Richard Brown wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys
>>
>> I want to be able to watch dvds. What is the best player to use to
>> view dvds please?
>>

> I use totem-xine and think it works brilliantly. A lot of people like
> mplayer but it doesn't have such good dvd menu support I don't think.
>
> You'll need to install libdvdcss though (I think, ubuntu may be
> different)...
>

> Jon

Have a look at the Unofficial Ubuntu Guide here -
http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Ubuntu_dapper

They cover things like installing DVD playing software and the required
libraries.

The majority of the things on there will also work on Kubuntu and
Xubuntu too (at least the DVD and w32codecs work on Xubuntu).

They also have other versions for Edgy (6.10) and Breezy Badger (5.10)
on the site which you can find links from http://ubuntuguide.org

Hope this helps.

Rob