Re: [LUG] Children in Need - Devon Venue

Aaron Trevena wrote:
> On 08/11/06, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> I have some good news about the Children In Need event.  Rick Edwards
>> (Drivetime presenter on Gemini Torbay) is involved with a project where
>> he provides a recording/dance studio in Newton Abbot.
>>

> Well done rob. Nice work.

Thanks, its good that someone at Gemini can help.  I'm going out to a
work do tonight so I'm going to try and talk to the presenters and
programme controller (i.e. guy who makes the decisions about what goes
out on air) and see if I can get some sort of support.
>> Anyone had any luck with Cornwall?
>>

> After opening my big gob, I remembered I'm moving this week and that
> seriously curtails my ability to do anything useful in the next week
> :(
>
> A.

Ahh, never mind.  I'm starting to think that maybe running three events
on one day might be a bit much.  Maybe if the one event is successful we
could take the experience and use it for future events (possibly charity
related events too).  I will be checking out the Newton Abbot venue
tomorrow, I will post details when I know them.  Even if anyone can't
stay for long just popping in would be good :-)

Rob