Re: [LUG] Java Runtime Environment

On Thursday 09 November 2006 17:03, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2006 16:47:13 +0000
>
> Mark Jose <kernowyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Must admit, I haven't tried java on my Edgy upgrade - I shall look into
> > it later this evening.
> > On my Dapper, I have a symlink in /usr/lib/firefox/plugins which points
> > to /etc/alternatives/libjavaplugin_oji_mozilla_firefox.so
>
> I put my symlink into /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox/plugins which seemed to
> be the obvious place.
>
> > It could be a problem with Firefox2 in Edgy - so far I have found it to
> > be fairly unreliable compared to 1.5.  But I will look tonight and see
> > what happens when I visit a java enabled site.
> >
> > Mark
>
> I will look out for your report on that, thanks.
>
> Neil

Okies,
Went to my Edgy upgraded box - and no java!
The java stuff was installed in /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.08/jre, so I
did the following -

cd to the firefox plugin directory (in my case /usr/lib/firefox/plugins) and
issued the following using sudo -

ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.08/jre/plugin/i386/ns7/libjavaplugin_oji.so

I tested it out after running the command and it all works fine here.

Mark