[LUG] Firefox plugins

Have now installed and am using kubuntu. One of the instructions I read
in my book said that to install plugins for Firefox I just needed to
wait until I tried to to use a web site that needed one and I would be
able to download it.

Well, that happened and I tried to install it but when I clicked on the
icon (it looks like a piece of jigsaw puzzle) nothing happened. There
must be something I have missed. Can anyone help please?

Otherwise I am getting on quite well with Kubuntu Edgy Eft.

Thanks

Neil Winchurst