Re: [LUG] Printer utilities

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 16:18:33 +0000
Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:46:23 +0000
> > David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> Have you got the printer working doing basic tasks such as printing
> documents?
Yes, it works OK printing documents. I have not tried any graphics yet.
It is just the utilities that I am looking out for, because I am sure
to need them soon, especially to clean the nozzles.

> Is it a parallel or USB printer?

I think it is attached as a parallel printer, though I have some spare
USB ports.

> With my Epson Stylus Photo R200 I was using Guttenprint 5, it might be
> work looking to see if you can use this instead?

I use that in the Gimp but I have never tried it for normal documents.
Anyway, as I said, it is not the printing that I have problems with it
is using the utilities.

Neil Winchurst