Re: [LUG] Printer utilities

On Sat, 4 Nov 2006 10:46:23 +0000
David Bell <grimpen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Saturday 04 November 2006 09:26, Neil Winchurst wrote:
> >
> > Now that I have moved over to Kubuntu I can't find any utilities for
> > doing the same. If, or rather when, some of the colours in my printer
> > cartridge get clogged I am going to have a problem. Can anyone point me
> > in the right direction? My printer is an Epson Photo 810.
>
> apt-get install escputil :)

I have tried that but without success. Further searching and I have
found  System Settings > Printers > Printer (icon on the tool
bar) Printer tools > Epson Inkjet (in admin mode).

There I find the tools I am looking for. However when I try to use one
I get the error 'Unsupported connection type:epson'. At the top of this
window it says Printer: Default (which is the name I gave to it)
Device: epson:/dev/lp0.

I have checked and there is a /dev/lp0 file, which is empty.
When I ask for a test print it comes out just fine. I have only the one
printer and just the one computer.

There is a 'use direct connection' button but clicking on that makes
no difference. I just don't know what it is looking for, but I will
surely need these utilities soon. Can anyone help please? I am using
kubuntu edgy, by the way.

Thanks
Neil Winchurst