Re: [LUG] Printer utilities

Neil Winchurst wrote:
> When I was using Mandrake I had a program called Turboprint installed.
> Originally I had used it for the actual printing, back in the days when
> CUPS was still not very  good. More recently I have kept it for its
> printer utilities, such as 'Nozzle check' and 'Check ink quantities'.
> It was most useful when I needed to clean the cartridge.
>
> Now that I have moved over to Kubuntu I can't find any utilities for
> doing the same. If, or rather when, some of the colours in my printer
> cartridge get clogged I am going to have a problem. Can anyone point me
> in the right direction? My printer is an Epson Photo 810.
>
> Thanks
> Neil Winchurst

Hi Neil,

Turbo-Print isn't distro specific so you can install it with any distro
you like.  The sticking point for Linux (which I don't really want to go
into again) is that it's not Open Source and you have to pay for it.
I'm of the opinion "if it works use it, if it doesn't find something
that does" :)

Kind regards,

Julian