Re: [LUG] Kubuntu - where are all the files?

On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 10:44:52 +0000
Mark Jose <kernowyon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Update -
> Actually, apparently, if you delete the .hidden file as I mentioned, it will
> re-install itself next update!
> There is some advice on how to either permanently change the default Edgy
> settings or see the hidden files anyway here -
>
> https://wiki.kubuntu.org/KubuntuHiddenFiles
>
> I still think it is a useless "feature" myself!
>
> Mark

Thanks for your help. What a weird idea from the developers. I hadn't
thought of hidden files.
Anyway I first had to change the permissions on .hidden and then I
cleared out all the files in the list. Now all the files are showing. I
will have to see what it is like next time I log on.

Thanks again
Neil Winchurst