Re: [LUG] OT: GNU GPL copyright

On 10/25/06, jody salt <jody_leigh_salt@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Hopefully today I will release my Blog software under the GNU GPL license,
> however I've got a question on how I should do my copyright. I've got a
> business called JodSoft (sole trader) should I use my business name i.e:
>  Copyright 2006 JodSoft

Not sure this applies to a sole trader business, but under uk law a
business is an entity that can own stuff. Therefor if you copyright it
JodSoft and sell JodSoft the copyright goes with the business. If you
do it in your name it stays with you. If you do it in both then if you
sell the business you have two copyright holders, you and the new
JodSoft owner.

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk