Re: [LUG] Glad I use Linux

Simon Avery wrote:

> Going to give things a while longer as they are, but it's good to know
> there's another string to the bow if things don't work out.

I regard greylisting as almost essential these days, even if only done
selectively.

Experience here is that the SBL-XBL is amazingly trustworthy, so good I
currently use it as a Yes/No block before greylisting, or anything else.

I'm always wary of statistical filters that stick email in a spam
folder, especially the really good one like spamassassin, as when they
go wrong the email is effectively quietly lost. If the filter is bad and
 one is forever rescuing stuff from the spam folder, then you might as
well use the delete key instead.

One should aim to reject spam before the SMTP transaction completes, so
the false positives get returned to sender (rather than lost in a
"possible spam" folder).