Re: [LUG] Glad I use Linux

Simon Avery wrote:

> (SA, after more tweaking, is now identifying 95% of all incoming email
> as spam, and it's not done a false positive yet. Much is coming to email
> addresses that have never been published, so must either have been
> lifted from a contact's address book during a virus attack, or were
> lifted from the mail relay's exim vhosts on a hosted server.)
>
> I'm starting to hear rumours that some companies are abanding email
> completely as they can't sort the wheat from the chaff - and given the
> poor response from email queries I've had with various companies lately,
> I can believe it.

I set up grey listing today, been meaning to do it for ages. And that
has had a huge difference on the spam getting as far as thunderbird. So
far no spam has been processed by thunderbird. I have spamassassin on
the mail server as well but the last couple of weeks I was getting about
10 a day in my inbox, thats currently zero today.

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk