Re: [LUG] Skype, Gnome meeting etc...

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

> Also, any one have any ideas on the best method to record?

We looked at this and came up with two solutions that should work.

1) Use Asterisk (or other switchboard type software), it has features
that make this easy, but is a bitch to set up.

i.e. find someone who already uses Asterisk a lot and ask nicely.

2) I also think you should be able to use ALSA to divert both sound
streams into a file (rather like the "tee" command does for pipe in
shell scripts). We did have some Audio gurus on the list who can
probably do this in their sleep.

Neither solution is terribly elegant, I'll file a wishlist bug, as I
suspect for people who do audio this isn't difficult, but for the rest
of us mortals.....

There maybe other SIP or H323 clients that already do recording, but I
don't recall any.