Re: [LUG] Distros??

On 10/19/06, Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have 134 Gb free on my hard disk at the moment. Would it be
> possible/sensible to install a second distro for a trial run? I have
> heard about dual booting but usually with Windows and Linux. So is my
> idea feasible? And if so would it be terribly complicated/geeky?

Yes this is fairly easy, I think the debian installer will detect
windows and other linux partitions and set up the grub boot loader as
required.

The only problem is that it could do with its own partition and that
will mean a bit of messing around. I think you can re size ext2/ext3
partitions without to much trouble (i could be very wrong) but all
partition fidling always carries some risk.

Once you have a spare partition, just get a debian netinstall image
and run from there.

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk