Re: [LUG] Distros??

On 19/10/06 10:23:01, Neil Winchurst wrote:
2 Does anyone know which is the most used distro among lug members?

This is only a rough indicator, based on the text entered by members in the "Favourite Distro" section of the Members Register - some entries may well be out of date. (In particular, I suspect a proportion of Mandrake users are actually now using Debian or Ubuntu - judging by list discussions.)

Debian     :       28
Mandrake   :       17
SuSE       :       16
Red Hat    :       15
Fedora     :        9
Ubuntu     :        8
Gentoo     :        7
Slackware  :        3
Others     :       11
Total      :      104

FYI, there are 157 records quite a few members have not specified a favourite.

Or is that information not available?

Accurate and updated information isn't available directly.

If someone writes a PHP page (possibly with MySQL) that can either run a vote / poll or some other form of easily updated tally, I'll put it behind the Members Area. Ideally, it would only allow one distro to be specified per member, even if that member uses more than one at various times, to indicate their overall favourite / most used. The Members Register is the best place for members to explain their use of multiple distributions, the poll would just be a snapshot overview.

--

Neil Williams