Re: [LUG] Distros??

I'm guessing Gnome devotees - speaking for myself at least! I've tried
KDE in the past and just find it to be...well just personally I don't
like the feel of it so much; I guess that's what it comes down to in
the end?

I'd also be interested to hear what the most used distro is. I'm
guessing Ubuntu will be up there? I use Debian myself; I'm a bit of a
newbie when it comes to Linux but I really have found it easier to use
than Ubuntu et al. Not sure why; maybe it just sits better with my
hardware?

On 19/10/06, Neil Winchurst <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> There has been some discussion about which distro to recommend for
> people new to Linux. So far the main contender seems to be Ubuntu. So I
> have two questions.
>
> 1 Why not mention kubuntu as well, or are most people on the lug
> devotees of Gnome?
>
> 2 Does anyone know which is the most used distro among lug members? Or
> is that information not available?
>
> Just wondering
>
> Neil Winchurst
>
> --