[LUG] Acorn was Re: GNU/Linux in schools

Martinus Scriblerus wrote:

> I saw an ad in a magazine yesterday saying that the Acorn name is back
> in business. Then I saw the following line on their web site: "Acorn
> recommends Microsoft (r) Windows(r) XP".
>
> To a diehard Acorn enthusiast like me that is like "The Church of
> England recommends tearing the living heart from a sacrificial victim
> at the high altar". Over reaction I suppose but even so...

Hehe, does that mean I work on de-consecrated ground?

Although we still have a working acolyte of the church of Acorn chained
in the computer room (just in case).

This website (for the hard of remembering) http://www.acorncomputer.co.uk/

 Simon

PS: I thought the real diehard Acorn enthusiasts were still using ANT
Internet suite despite six years without support, not any of this new
fangled gmail stuff. "Security through antiquity", from the "let's hope
the cracker can't find one on E-Bay any more" school of thought.