[LUG] Laptop touch pad

Does anyone have any experience with laptop touchpads? Specifically
the synaptic driver? I've got my touchpad set up quite nicely so it's
not too slow etc but I can't for the life of me get the tap to click
to work on it, it's not vital but it would make me a bit happier and
slightly less frustrated.

Here's the relavent part of my xorg.conf file:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Synaptics Touchpad"
        Driver          "synaptics"
        Option          "SendCoreEvents"        "true"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/psaux"
        Option          "Protocol"              "auto-dev"
        Option          "HorizScrollDelta"      "0"
        Option          "MinSpeed"              "0.02"
        Option          "MaxSpeed"              "0.580"
        Option          "AccelFactor"           "0.450"
        Option          "MaxTapTime"            "1000"
        Option          "MaxTapMove"            "220"
EndSection

As you can see I've arleady been playing with the "MaxTapTime" options
and I know, well I think, mine is currently set to a somewhat absurd
setting but smaller ones didn't make any noticable differences
(neither does this setting however!).

Thanks!
--
Jon