Re: [LUG] Ethernet??

Have you got your router plugged in to a power surge protector, or has
there been anything that could have caused a power surge related
problem.  Not sure but it's worth looking at different factors then
ruling them out.

This sounds an odd problem as my router works on dhcp and needs to be on
in order to give my computer a dhcp allocated ip address.  However there
are ways to get a dhcp address once the computer has booted and I then
switch the router on,

you could try using ifconfig to get an ip address or just set it static
then I think use the route command to enter the gateway, (not exactly
sure if this works)

Paul