Re: [LUG] Converts to Linux

I am new to Linux. I tried Knoppix, Ubuntu, Mepis, Puppy, DSL and found
Ubuntu and Puppy the easiest to use. I had a lot of issues with Mepis
(although everyone said it is very easy for beginners). However, I have
stuck with it on one of my machines because I like KDE (and have Ubuntu
on my other one to fall back on).

For example, I had great problems getting my pen drive to work on Mepis
but, on Ubuntu it worked perfectly first time.

I would steer new users towards Ubuntu, personally.