Re: [LUG] Black List

On Fri, 2006-09-29 at 13:53 +0000, paul sutton wrote:
> Hi
>
> LLoyds tsb's site works great with both mozilla and Linux,

I get the feeling you've rather (unintentionally) hit the nail on the
head here).  Mozilla derived browers and Linux are not one and the same
thing.

I rather get the feeling that everyone is not really asking for Linux
support (why would a website support an operating system?), but for
sites to work in non-IE browers.  Be that Firefox on Windows or Safari
on OS X, what I understand the need to really be is that whatever sort
of institution you're dealing with approaches site development in a
rounded and inclusive manner.

Obviously there are more non-IE browsers than Mozilla based ones (anyone
remember HotJava?), but you're still asking for compatibility with an
application rather than a kernel.

Please don't fall into the trap that anything non-MS is Linux (or
GNU/Linux, whatever).  Plenty of open source apps run on Windows
(Firefox (yes, yes not GNU), Gaim, Gimp, OpenOffice etc) and they're
still Open Source (that phrase chosen quite intentionally).

Alex.