Re: [LUG] FOR SALE: Sharp Zaurus SL-6000L Linux PDA

Neil Williams wrote:
> Simon Williams wrote:
>> I'm hoping to avoid selling this on ebay.
>> Due to my "upgrade" to a Nokia 9500, my Sharp Zaurus SL-6000L Linux PDA
>> is now for sale. Current asking price is 320 pounds, but I'm open to offers.
>
> How old is it? 320 is a bit steep for me - I only want one as a test
> machine. I'll be flashing the ROM regularly and installing a variety of
> distros on it.
I don't actually know how old it is. I bought it second hand off ebay
about a year ago.

> Contact me off-list if you can go lower for development purposes (I'm
> looking at about 50% of your price). It would complement my existing
> (£100) iPAQ.
Nothing like that low I'm afraid.

> (This at least brings this thread onto a GNU/Linux related topic rather
> than a commercial sale which would otherwise by off-topic (OT).
I was thinking about putting it OT, but it is a Linux PDA, and probably
will be used for development purposes.

>> Comes with original box, manuals, software, charger, cradle, cables, CF
>> slot protector, solid screen protector.
>
> manuals -> recycling. software -> /dev/null. Charger, cables and cradle
> are vitally important though.
lol. Same here, and probably for most people who are likely to buy it
actually.

>> Also included will be:
>> - a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter
>> - 2 USB host cables (mini-A male to A-female)
>> - a travel kit (car charger, multi-socket wall adapter, car charger,
>> thin USB sync cable)
>> - Battery extender (takes 4 AA batteries- cover is missing)
>
> If you can use that for another machine, I wouldn't need it.
Some of that was carried over from my 5500, but since I haven't upgraded
to another Zaurus I have no use for them.

Simon