Re: [LUG] FOR SALE: Sharp Zaurus SL-6000L Linux PDA

Simon Williams wrote:
> I'm hoping to avoid selling this on ebay.
> Due to my "upgrade" to a Nokia 9500, my Sharp Zaurus SL-6000L Linux PDA
> is now for sale. Current asking price is 320 pounds, but I'm open to offers.

How old is it? 320 is a bit steep for me - I only want one as a test
machine. I'll be flashing the ROM regularly and installing a variety of
distros on it.

Contact me off-list if you can go lower for development purposes (I'm
looking at about 50% of your price). It would complement my existing
(£100) iPAQ.

(This at least brings this thread onto a GNU/Linux related topic rather
than a commercial sale which would otherwise by off-topic (OT).

> Comes with original box, manuals, software, charger, cradle, cables, CF
> slot protector, solid screen protector.

manuals -> recycling. software -> /dev/null. Charger, cables and cradle
are vitally important though.

> Also included will be:
> - a 2.5mm to 3.5mm adapter
> - 2 USB host cables (mini-A male to A-female)
> - a travel kit (car charger, multi-socket wall adapter, car charger,
> thin USB sync cable)
> - Battery extender (takes 4 AA batteries- cover is missing)

If you can use that for another machine, I wouldn't need it.

> - Several apps from The Kompany (worth a fair amount)

Not to me. Commercial apps will be sent to /dev/null without ever being
loaded.

If anything, the existing apps *lower* the price to me because I've got
to get rid of them.

> Comes freshly flashed with the latest Sharp ROM, but some of the other
> ROM's available are worth looking at.

The only ROM's I'll be looking at will be Debian or Familiar, maybe others.

--

Neil Williams