[LUG] Simply RISC CPU

Hi folks,

I was reading with interest on The Inquirer just now about the 'Simply
RISC' Open Source CPU (www.srisc.com).  I've also seen that Sun have
released the OpenSparc T1 core under an open source licence too (was it
GPL?).

This seems like an interesting project, but then I started to think...
how is it possible to get hold of a CPU?  Unfortunately it doesn't seem
that there are any fab plants near by (maybe a gap in the market? ;-D)
so is it possible to get a working board (and CPU) to make use of one of
these CPU's?

Rob