[LUG] Promotional items and costs.

It seems quite a few people agreed with me when I said we should be
doing our bit every day,  I am here trying to promote Linux at least,
however this discussion has reminded me that Linux is free software so
we need to promote gnu more, at the same time.

How much would it cost the lug to get a batch of those GNU badges (not
pins) made up,  so perhaps at the next meeting we could all get one to
wear,   people then ask (whats GNU),  which is a good ice breaker for
conversation.  Perhaps also some with just tux and the dcglug url on.
Craft shops usually sell the badge part at least.

Also the Linux penguin comes with a badge,  with tux on, so a few of
those type would be better than the pin badge which has a tendancy to
work loose, and fall off,  but a normal badge is much better.

I am not suggesting we give these away freely at lug meetings,  we need
to at least cover our costs,  but if a big order comes to say UKP 40,
(sorry using US keyboard),  then we could perhaps work out how much we
can sell single ones for to at least recover our costs. any profits can
go to our general funds.

wearing a badge also demonstrates that not everyone uses windows.

just an idea

Paul