Re: [LUG] kubuntu - overfloweth

On 9/19/06, Neil Williams <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is ~10 messages a day really too much for members? What about sorting
> email inboxes via the list headers - List-Id: is specifically for that
> purpose. It allows you to direct list email to a dedicated folder.
> There's no need for dcglug email to go to your general Inbox.

In addition, if you use web mail such as gmail this can tag (or label)
mail based on filters so all my dclug mail gets a DCLUG label when
viewed through gmail, makes sorting easier.

The other thing that really helps is threaded view, again gmail does
this for you but you can turn it on in many mail clients. In
thunderbird, view ,sort by , threaded. This helps hide the volume of
mail and groups the threads together. I certainly could not follow
discussions with out it.

--
Robin Cornelius
http://www.byteme.org.uk