Re: [LUG] Linux and Firewire

Robin Cornelius wrote:
> Julian Hall wrote:
>

>> So the HD looks OK, but the Dazzle still gives errors trying to cap
>> with dvgrab.  'no such file or handle'
>>

> Other thoughts
>
> Have you tried dvgrab from the command line eg
>
> dvgrab --dv1394 /dev/raw1394

I can only try from the command line atm.  I haven't looked into a GUI
based system as I thought it was pointless until I get the underlying
system working.  Otherwise I wouldn't know if ti was the GUI or the code
underneath that was the problem.

I use dvgrab -foo*  (I think - I'm in Windows atm)
> or have you looked under
>
> /dev/ieee1394/dv/hostX/
>
> and try passing that as the --dv1394 parameter

Thanks I'll try that.
> Also it might be a permissions problem.
>
> Depending on your distro you may wish to start dvgrab as root
>
> either directly (but this won't always work due to xserver permissions)
> or via kdesu eg

I usually su and then try dvgrab, but I'll try root.  :)