Re: [LUG] 'Hello all' from a new member

Tony Sumner wrote:
> Hello, Richard
>
> Welcome to the group. I'd like to add my bit to say that everyone is
> extremely helpful and they know a lot.
>
> On Aug 14, 2006, Richard Brown was like:
>
>> I hope that you'll enjoy using Linux and that
>> dual booting will be a thing of the past shortly!
>>
> Is this really possible? I run a Windows partition because I need to
> run some software written for Windows by the local National Trust
> association. I bought a copy of Windows XP for the purpose but would
> qemu run the program in KDE?
>
> Tony Sumner
Unless the National Trust application has some very funky requirements,
it should be possible to run it without needing to "boot" into Windows.
You could either try using WINE (or it's descendants, Cedega or
X-Over-Office), or if it actually *needs* Windows to be present, you
could try installing Windows inside a QEMU machine (QEMU emulates an
entire PC, so it's quite a heavy weight way of doing things).

Grant.