Re: [LUG] Gnome? - never

On 23/08/06, Kai Hendry <hendry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The Gnome/bloated thread just confirms my belief that the "Desktop" is
> doomed. Companies should concentrate on supplying a Linux solution with
> X with a simple WM (dwm) and Firefox. That's what I would be doing if I
> wasn't going to South America. :)

That's the thing you see - I don't mind there being additional
features or bloat in code size, merely that it uses system resources
for stuff I'm not using.

I'd just like to be able to specify what bloat is used, or have it
kick in when I start a relevent application rather than at boot.

right now I'm not using Evolution yet evolution-data-server is
running, I'm not using nautilus to look at files, and yet it's running
(I don't use or need desktop icons thanks very much).

bah

A.