Re: [LUG] Gnome? - never

On 22/08/06, Benjamin A'Lee <bma@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Personally, I can't stand either of them; KDE looks ugly to me, and Gnome
> leaves dozens of dotfiles and directories everywhere (.gnome, ,gnome2,
> .gnome2_private, .gconf, .gconfd, .metacity and .nautilus, and that's without
> doing anything but starting gnome-session).
>
> I've just started using ion3 (someone mentioned it on Sunday, and I've seen it
> mentioned on a few people's blogs) and it has so far completely failed to
> annoy me or do anything stupid. :)

What I'd really like would a slim-lined gnome, something like :
panel, core gnome apps (excluding evolution, gaim, etc) and a very
lightweight WM.

I haven't bothered to look at it properly but will probably try out
more options when I've backed up my hard drive and attempt to upgrade
from FC3 to FC5 or FC6.

Anybody had any luck with a bare-bones gnome setup?

Cheers,

A.